Tips to Avoid Filing for Bankruptcy Due to Medical Bills
Tips for Avoiding Bankruptcy:
- Make a Budget. Include all possible expense. Once you know what your expenses are, you will be able to better allocate your financial resources and save yourself unnecessary panic and stress when the bills arrive.
- Control your overall spending. Especially when money is tight. One easy way to do this is to ask yourself whether your intended purchase is a ‘need’ or a ‘want’. This often helps eliminate some unnecessary purchases.
- Pay with cash. It prevents the overspending that you may not even notice when you use credit cards. The concept is simple: withdraw a certain amount every two weeks or monthly, and when you are done once you are out of funds. Further, only carry a certain amount in your wallet or purse every day. It will help bring some financial discipline in your life.
- Be prepared for unexpected expenses. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is not to prepare for unexpected expenses, such as an accident or sudden illness. It can happen to anyone at any time. Which is easier, to put aside a small amount every month, or have to cough up the entire sum all at once?
- If you find yourself filing for bankruptcy in spite of doing all this, get the right professional guidance. Navigating the do’s and don’ts and putting together bankruptcy paperwork can be confusing and overwhelming. But if gives you a second financial chance. The most important thing is knowing how to go about the process.
We the People can have you complete a free eligibility questionnaire (also known as the “means test”) to determine whether or not you qualify.
We do not offer legal advice but can act as your Bankruptcy Petition Preparer.
- Providing you with information and resources about personal bankruptcy filing.
- Assisting you in completing the forms to court standards and
- Helping you file them properly.
Get started on filing for bankruptcy today. Find a local store near you or make an appointment for your free consultation to learn more about bankruptcy paperwork today.
Click here for answers to your commonly asked questions about personal bankruptcy.
We The People is a debt relief agency.
We help people file for relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
Some services may not be available in all locations.
Contact your local store for availability.
“Personal Service You Can Trust”