Name Change

There are a variety of reasons you may be considering a name change. Common reasons are divorce, dissatisfaction with your current name or the desire to change your child or family’s last name.

You can’t change your name if:

  • You are changing your name to fraudulently avoid debts, punishment, etc.
  • The new name will be intentionally confusing such as the number “8” or the symbol “!”, or
  • The new name is racially offensive or obscene.

Generally, a petition will be filed with the court citing your reason for wanting a name change to initiate the process.

Depending on the court you file in, there might be a hearing that you may be required to attend and publication of the name change notice might be required in a newspaper of general circulation in the county in which you reside.

If your petition is approved, you will receive an order of name change from the court.

Some services may not be available at all locations.

Contact your local store for availability.

“Personal Service You Can Trust”