Response to a Divorce

To get a divorce, one person has to file a petition (or complaint) with the court. The other person may file a response (or answer) to the initial filing and become an active participant in the divorce process.

If you choose to file a response you will have the opportunity to provide your reaction to the petition by answering some simple questions.

You may have a choice to file a response with or without a declaration. If you submit a declaration in conjunction with the response, you have an opportunity to provide a more detailed response to the petition.

Should you fail to, or elect not to, formally respond, you may be in default, which means the court may proceed with the divorce without your participation and consent.

Some services may not be available at all locations.

Contact your local store for availability.

“Personal Service You Can Trust”