Mobile Home Transfer

When you are transferring ownership of your mobile home you must transfer title through the appropriate agency, typically the Department of Housing or Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Transfer of ownership could be as a result of a sale, addition of another family member to title, deletion of a spouse due to a divorce or the transfer of ownership to a living trust.

A mobile home title is transferred in a similar manner as a motor vehicle. In order to complete the transfer, the department must receive the necessary paperwork which usually includes the certificate of title and a statement or tax clearance form from the Treasurer of the county in which the mobile home is located, stating that all the personal property mobile home taxes have been paid on the unit.

Some services may not be available at all locations.

Contact your local store for availability.

“Personal Service You Can Trust”